Ombré

(Warning - Quite picture heavy!)

So if you have been keeping up with me on twitter & instagram, you will have read that I decided to bite the bullet & ombre my hair yesterday.
I you don't know, ombre is like dip dying, making the tips of yur hair look either darker or lighter.

I decided this one day last month I think, I was just so bored of having had the same hair for like 3-4 years, and I didn't fancy cutting it. I'm also not a fan of fringes as I have a '3 finger forehead' as I ike to call it (it's very very small!)

When I was younger I always wanted to dye my hair a darkish brown. Having jet black hair though, I knew I'd have to bleach it etc, and I just couldn't be bothered with having to do the whole 'root touch up thing' (I really cannot stand roots!) & I'm actually a very low maintenace girl at heart, and always was OK with my hair!
After seeing Lydia at Motel who has an amazing ombre, and a few others online, I knew for sure I wanted to do it. My boyfriend is away on holiday (boo hoo!) and thought it would be realy nice to surprise him! He knows I'm doing it, just not sure when! I also wanted to have it lighter for summer, as I think alot of people get highlights etc so I think its the perfect time!

















Black dip hem dress, c/o inlovewithfashion
Tan faux jeffrey campbell litas, c/o soyoushoes


My hair is alot lighter than I expected. I wanted it to be fairly blondish, as I think it looks really amazing, but I'm still getting used to it! The dye I used is supposed to be for people with 'brown - dark brown' hair and NOT for people with black hair. I used it anyway and it literally took to my hair like a moth to a flame! I will do a proper post on how I did it next week I think, but for now I just wanted to show you. On the photos it looks like it goes from black straight to blonde, but it definitely has more of a 'faded' effect, I guess the photos can't pick it up! Also, please note that my hair does looke very damaged on the photos as I did only dye it yesterday! If you have any recommendations of hair products that will make it better, please do tell! I've already got Moroccan Oil & Philip Kingsley Elasticizer on my wishlist thanks to Jen!


Also decided this gorgeous love dress shows it off well! I'm loving dip hemmed dressed at the moment and I own so many at the moment! This kinda shows why I wanted an ombre - On black clothes my black hair was nowhere near as nice as the ombre!

If you have any questions feel free to comment and ask or even ask on my tumblr page :-)
This is a scheduled post, as right now I am going to go out with my friends for a pub lunch - haven't seen them in ages & they're going back to uni soon as their easter is almost over! Scared of what they will say hehe!
So the real question - Do you like it? Are you going to get an ombre for summer?

p.s. theres los of things in ebay shop - forgot to tell you all! Check them out here :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment